- Dairy Machinery
- Herbal Formulation
- Innovative Technology Product
- Solar Mosquito Destroyer
- Water Cooler
- General Purpose Machinery & Equipment
- Walking Aids
- Food Processing Machinery
- Gear Boxes, Reduction Gears & Gear Cutting
- Irrigation Equipment
- Extraction Plants & Machinery
- Oil Expeller
- Plastic Bags
- Agricultural Machines & Tools
- Home Appliances
- Refrigeration & Equipment
- Mini Sanitary Napkin Making Machine
- Bamboo Making Machine
- Brick Making Machine
- Auto Components, Accessories & Garage Equipment
National Innovation Foundation (NIF) is an autonomous body established by Dept. of Technology, Govt. of India in the year 2000 to provide institutional support in scouting, spawning, sustaining and scaling up green grassroots innovations and helping their transition to self supporting activities. The foundation is running a large project that aims at creating a database of innovations by the grassroots people in different domains. It is pursuing its project through a network of partners working in the similar areas. Honeybee Network and Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technologies and Institutions (SRISTI) are two such partners that have been scouting innovations by farmers, artisans, women, etc. at the grassroots level. The third partner, Grassroots Innovations Augmentation Network (GIAN), focuses on sustainability and ethical issues concerning innovations through value additions.
Business Development Division at NIF
This division at NIF is especially focusing on disseminating the benefits of green grassroots innovations among large sections of the society. It considers that there is a need for a comprehensive planning that will take into account various activities related to scaling up of innovations to make them commercially attractive. For this very reason, it has to create a value chain around these innovations and build incubation support for the benefit of the consumers.
Creating Value chain and providing Incubation assistance entail financial support throughout the product development cycle. And the support augments the features of the innovative product/prototype with R&D playing a crucial role. After this fundamental assessment, Venture Innovation Fund (MVIF) support is needed for converting innovations into products, and products into enterprises. This includes various activities, which are:
- To create a coordination with various industry associations, entrepreneurs, management institutions and incubators in order to organize management & mentoring support for basic level innovators and TK holders.
- To incorporate private and public sector industrial as well as financial associations and institutions in connecting innovations with enterprise and investment at individual / group level.
- To encourage different innovations and outstanding TK by market as well as non-market channels.
- To support various industry associations and developmental bodies to set procedures for licensing innovations. This helps for the development of business, and for sharing of equitable benefit with the innovators & TK holders.
- To help increase resources for pursuing different activities and developing innovation value chain.
- To support National Micro Innovations Fund operations, through public as well as private participation. And mobilize the venture capital & incubation fund for innovators and TK holders.
- To develop market research plans, business plans, reports & training material as well as self learning material for GIAN and others involved in promoting innovation based entrepreneurship.